Saturday, June 6, 2009

The meaning of life, the Universe, and everything… Or at least GUI

So, you may be wondering, “What’s the point?” Well… I don’t know, honestly. Though the reason for the blog may not be clear at the moment, I’m sure that over time it will become apparent. Even if no rationale is found, then the mere entertainment provided to the readers will be justification enough for me.

The last thing I’d like to mention tonight (or this morning as I’ve now noticed) is where the name for my blog comes from; because I’m sure people are wondering. I came up with the phrase when I was in a GUI programming class, GUI standing for Graphical User Interface and pronounced gooey. Now, looking at the title in its entirety “Life is GUI”, I take it to mean that life is all about what you visually interpret and digest. Plus it has a completely different meaning phonetically (which I think should be spelled foneticly, but that is another topic altogether), being that life is of a sticky, slimy, and dare I say gooey nature. All that being said, I hope that you now see the simplistic complexity of what has become my favorite phrase, and bid you all a good night.

P.S. I claim no originality to the phrase “Life is GUI”. With over 300,000,000 people in the US today, a large portion English speaking (I assume) and a growing number of computer savvy people, I imagine that the probability of someone combining these three words is relatively high. Whether they have been combined in a way to convey the concepts that I have introduced, I am not sure, but it doesn’t matter for I know of no one else who says…

life is GUI!!

3 comments:

  1. Your mother is so proud! :)
    xxoo
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the apple of my eye, Chris --is that "graphical" enough? Also, being that my eye could be considered "in 'er face", and I would say we all are "users"; that pretty much adds up to another viewpoint of GUI : D

    Awesome research! Keep it coming...

    ReplyDelete